The Purpose of this document is to describe the policy and state the conditions for returning non-defective or defective goods.
ESTEL will accept returns on Transceiver Items ONLY. Special orders are NOT returnable. Any material returned to ESTEL without proper paperwork or without an assigned RMA number will be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense.
The customer must provide to ESTEL the Original Order number, Customer Purchase Order Number, Item Number, Quantity and detailed reason for the return. ESTEL RMA Verification Report will be communicated to the customer with a Return Materials Authorization (“RMA”) number for authorization to return the material. All information will be contained on this form based on the information surrounding the return of goods. A copy of this form must be sent back with the material to process the RMA appropriately.
If the material is returned to be reworked, an order will be entered to ship material back to the customer with any additional rework charges included on this replacement order. Customer is liable for all rework charges incurred and the freight back. The original customer purchase order number will be used and will be identified as a replacement order with a “– R” following the original customer purchase order number.
All returns must have authorization with a RMA number.
- ESTEL must authorize the return of all products and assign a RMA number prior to the customer shipping material back.
- ESTEL must be contacted within 30 days of receipt of product to request a RMA number.
- Once a RMA number is assigned, the product must be returned to ESTEL within 30 days. The goods must be returned to the same warehouse where they were shipped from, unless requested by ESTEL to ship the goods to an alternate warehouse.
- All returns must be packaged in a manner to prevent any additional damage to the product resulting from insufficient packaging. ESTEL is required to package all material outgoing to our customers to prevent handling and shipping damage. All returns must be packaged in a similar manner.
- The customer will pay return freight charges. The customer is responsible for all duties/taxes incurred.
- The RMA number must appear on the outside of the package containing the parts to be returned and include ESTEL RMA form as the packing list.
- If product is sent to ESTEL for return without a RMA number, the product will be refused.
- The material will be returned to the sender upon arrival at ESTEL if the returned parts do not contain a specific RA number.
- A 25% restocking fee will be charged on all returns, unless it is due to ESTEL error.
- Credit is subject to quality approval for resale.
- Return of higher quantities other than what was originally shipped will not be authorized.
- Determination will be made by ESTEL in regards to action taken with returned material (credit, rework, or return to stock).
- Credit provided to the customer will always be determined after quality inspection. Please allow up to ten (10) business days after receipt.
- At the sole discretion of ESTEL, some non-standard/special order goods may be returned, depending upon the level of customization. A higher restocking fee will apply.
- If the returned material is deemed to be scrap, the customer will be notified and then asked what they want done with the goods. The customer will have 10 business days to respond. If no response is received, the goods will be scrapped and disposed of. No credit will be issued. The customer may be responsible for any scrap charges related to disposal of the returned materials.